Library Tutorials
Skip to main content
Font size options
Increase or decrease the font size for this website by clicking on the 'A's.
Contrast options
Choose a color combination to give the most comfortable contrast.
Historic Provo



The Assembly of God began in 1942 on Center Street. In 1944, they began meeting in the old Provo Theateron Center Street just east of University Avenue. From 1945 to 1952 the Assembly of God held church in the Pioneer Museum on 500 West. From 1952 to 1974, they met in a building located at 600 West 800 North. In 1974, they moved to a new facility at 3410 Canyon Road where they continued to meet for 30 years. It was probably in 1974 that the church was renamed the Rock Canyon Assembly of God. In October 2004, the Church began meeting in the Cinemark Theater in Provo Towne Centre Mall.


1 The Provo Theater opened in 1940.