Far North School was originally a one-room schoolhouse built around 1887. It was replaced after a short while by another one-room schoolhouse located near 3725 North Canyon Road. In 1892 the school was renamed Mountain School. By 1906 it was replaced by a two-room brick schoolhouse that stood until the early 1970s. In 1900 Page School and Mountain School both petitioned to leave the Provo School District and became a part of the Pleasant View School District. They would join the rest of Pleasant View School District in becoming a part of the Lincoln School District in 1903. Mountain School was used until 1930 when it was closed and the students were sent to Page School. From 1930 until the building was torn down it had several uses including use as a cannery and the selling of fertilizer1.
1 Merle S. Foote, Pleasant Views: A History of the Early Pleasant View Area of Northern Provo, Utah ([Provo: M.S. Foote, 1975?]) 20-21