What is Homebound Outreach?
Provo City Library provides free delivery of materials to homebound patrons. To be eligible for Homebound Outreach Service an individual must be:
- A resident of Provo
- A Provo City Library cardholder in good standing
- Homebound due to age or long-term (more than three months) illness, injury, or disability
How does this service work?
- Patrons must choose their own titles and submit a list to Provo City Library’s Outreach Librarians. They will pull the items and prepare them for delivery.
- Our librarians can bring you materials which will help your book selection including information on authors, booklists, and recommendations.
- Your list of items wanted can be submitted by email or over the phone, at least 3-4 business days in advance of your desired delivery date.
- Materials can be delivered and picked up for return as often as four weeks apart. Patrons should request enough items to last them that length of time. Renewals are possible as long as the items are not on hold for another patron.
- Failure to return any library items will result in cessation of delivery until the items are found and their return to the library is arranged with the Outreach Librarian.
- For further information on this or any other service, please contact the Reference Desk at 801-852-6661.
How do I apply for Homebound Outreach service?
To apply for Outreach service, fill out the form on this page. You may also call the Reference Desk (801-852-6661) and a librarian can fill out the form with information you provide over the phone.