Library Tutorials
close
Font size options
Increase or decrease the font size for this website by clicking on the 'A's.
Contrast options
Choose a color combination to give the most comfortable contrast.
Historic Provo

TIMPANOGOS ELEMENTARY SCHOOL

Timpanogos Elementary School

Since 1892, there have been three Timpanogos Schools. The first was constructed in 1892 and opened on November 21 of that year.1 This first Timpanogos school continued until 1938 when it was demolished and replaced by a new building.2 This new building was located a bit North of the original school, but on the same block along 500 West.3 The school board inspected the new building on January 31, 1939.4

The first principal was S. P. Eggertsen.5


Notes

1 J. C. Moffitt, A Century of Public Education in Provo, Utah (Provo, Utah: [self-published?], 1944), p. 52.

2 J. C. Moffitt, A Century of Public Education in Provo, Utah (Provo, Utah: [self-published?], 1944), p. 69-70.

3 J. C. Moffitt, A Century of Public Education in Provo, Utah (Provo, Utah: [self-published?], 1944), p. 69.

4 J. C. Moffitt, A Century of Public Education in Provo, Utah (Provo, Utah: [self-published?], 1944), p. 70.

5 J. C. Moffitt, A Century of Public Education in Provo, Utah (Provo, Utah: [self-published?], 1944), p. 52.