The Farmers and Merchants Bank opened on December 15, 1906 on the Northwest corner of 300 West and Center streets. The first president of the bank was Thomas N. Taylor with Homer J. Rich as vice-president, and John D. Dixon as cashier.
The bank collapsed in 1932 and was completely reorganized on August 16, 1932 with Alex Hedquist as president, L. J. Durrant as vice-president, John A. Malia as cashier, and Victor J. Bird as assistant cashier.
In 1955 the Bank joined with Walker Bank and in 1981 both became part of the First Interstate Bank of Utah.