Library Tutorials
close
Font size options
Increase or decrease the font size for this website by clicking on the 'A's.
Contrast options
Choose a color combination to give the most comfortable contrast.
Historic Provo

BARBIZON MANUFACTURING COMPANY

Barbizon Manufacturing Company

Barbizon Manufacturing Company came to Provo in 1946. According to its advertising, the company made "new fabrics and exquisite lingerie to be worn by women the world over." The company was originally located on the block bounded by 100 North and 200 North, 100 West and 200 West, they later had to construct a new building on the north side of 1230 North (Moffitt 1975, 166). The facility eventually closed sometime prior to September 1980.